Sport is one of the most dynamic and promising sectors in terms of investment in research and innovation. Grounded on this evidence, the core purpose of the 2022 IEEE-STAR International workshop is to foster research in technological innovation and excellence in sports equipment, technical materials, training technologies and performance monitoring, fan engagement and healthy lifestyles. Specifically, the event aims to:
• promote and strengthen relationships, partnerships, alliances and networks between academia and industry in the field of sport innovation;
• disseminate recent research and technology advancements, discoveries and novel applications to sport;
• exchange ideas and strengthen cooperation between researchers;
• increase the public’s understanding and awareness of how the practice of sports can positively affect and individual’s quality of life;
• facilitate the development of new entrepreneurial initiatives in the sportech sector.
The event features a comprehensive technical program including panels, technical sessions, and innovative industrial demonstrations. Vertical panels will be an essential element of the IEEE-STAR workshop. Panels will bring together leading representatives from academia and industry to facilitate discussion around key topics and trends. Panel sessions will focus on challenging and emerging issues in all the areas of sports research and innovation.
Prospective Authors of papers are invited to submit an abstract of typically 2 pages. The length of the final papers is from 4 to 6 pages. Proceedings papers need to be presented at the event to assure their submission for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore digital library.
Innovative industrial demonstrations will highlight exciting developmemnts across the field of sport innovation. A central role will be assigned to sport tech startups, whch will be offered a chance to introduce and demonstrate their products and services.
• Extended abstract submission: 1 March 2022
• Acceptance notification: 16 April 2022
• Camera-ready papers submission: 15 May 2022
• Early registration: 15 June 2022