The purpose of this award is to recognize the outstanding performance of Italian Chapters in serving their members and the technical community and establishing goodwill within the Italy Section.
Prize: € 500 and Certificate
The Chapter must have been active at least 2 years when the nomination is made.
Chapters will compete on the basis of the success in the following categories and date shell refer to the last year:
- Number and kind of technical activities (technical lectures, distinguished Lectures, tutorials, conferences, workshops, special sections, schools,. ..)
- Number of L31 form presented
- Membership increase (percentage of increasing)
- Fellow and senior members nominations
- Awards for students and members
- Contribution to the economic independence of the chapter (soliciting funds from Society, participating to Society awards and R8 awards for chapters, organizing conferences, finding financial sponsors)
Chapter should not have won the outstanding chapter award in the previous year.
One award will be given per year. Award will be announced and presented at the annual forum of Italy Section IEEE RTSI. No award will be given if no qualified candidate is nominated.
Nomination Process: Chapter Chairs shell fill in the Reporting Form and send it by e-mail to the Chapter Activity Coordinator of the IEEE Italy Section
The subject of the e-mail has to contain the following information:
- IEEE Italy Section Best Chapter Award
- The name/identification of the Chapter
The Reporting form can be accompanied by further supporting documentation to illustrate the nominated Chapter that deserves the award.
Candidate must demonstrate the intention to enter the competition to win the best chapter award by indicating this in the reporting form.
Deadline: please e-mail the Reporting Form to the Chapter Activity Coordinator of IEEE Italy Section (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 15, 2017.
The Committee composed by: IEEE Italy Section Award Committee Coordinator, IEEE Italy Section Chapter Activity Coordinator, IEEE Italy Section Chair, IEEE Italy Section Past-Chair and IEEE Italy Section National Association Liaison Committee Coordinator will evaluate the Candidates and select the winning Chapter. The evaluation process results will be notified to the Chapter Chair by the IEEE Italy Section Secretary, within July 30, 2017.