The IEEE Italy Section together with its Chapters and WIE Affinity Group, is pleased to announce the 2022 Award on Smart and Sustainable Power and Industry thanks to the financial sponsorship of Italy Section and of one of the major players of the electric power industry, such as ABB.
The awards established are:
- Master’s Thesis Award 2022
- Ph D Thesis Award 2022
Award winners will be selected from the following two categories:
1. Technology: Thesis showing innovative applications which use data obtained from electrical, environmental, and/or process measurements with the purpose of improving efficiency, reliability, safety, security, fault tolerance, or other performance indexes of power systems or industrial processes.
2. Sustainability: Thesis showing how new technologies can improve sustainability of power systems or industrial processes. Focus is particularly on innovations based on information technology, telecom and data processing, which result in a measurable improvement of sustainability, evaluated by some relevant index.
Thesis will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- degree of innovation in the proposed methodology or technology;
- potential for application in real-world situations;
- potential impact on a global scale.
Candidates must send their application by July 31, 2022 (23.59 CET) following the instructions on the website:
The thesis will be evaluated by a Board of at least three Experts in the field. The majority of the Board is designated by the IEEE Italy Section and at least one Expert is appointed by ABB. Applicants will be notified of the outcome by September 26, 2022. The award will be announced during the IEEE Italy Section Award Ceremony. The date of the Ceremony will be communicated.
All the decisions of the Board are final.