The Italy Section is co-sponsoring the series of lectures titled:
Gravitational Waves from Theory to Experiments: the Birth of a New Astronomy,
organized by Scuola Superiore Meridionale – SSM.
The lectures will be held in June 14-28 2021 with the following guests:
- Rainer Weiss, 2017 Nobel Prize in Physics “for the direct detection of gravitational waves”, Massachussett Institute of Technology, Professor, Emeritus
- Giovanni Losurdo, Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (INFN) – Pisa, Research Director
- Bernard F. Schutz, University of Cardiff, Professor; former Director of the MPI for Gravitational Physics (AEI), Astrophysical Relativity Department.
- Thibault Damour, Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques, Professor
- Neil J. Cornish, Montana State University, Professor
- Sergey P. Vyatchanin, M.V.Lomonosov Moscow State University, Professor, Chair of Oscillations
- Stefano Vitale, Universita’ degli Studi di Trento, Professor
For more information visit the website
To participate on the Microsoft Teams platform, register here